Rockland Business Women's Network Scholarship
Established by the Rockland Business Women’s Network to promote its mission of women empowering women through scholarshi
Criteria: Must be a current female RCC student graduating with a two-year degree from RCC. Must be accepted to a four-year institution for the upcoming Fall semester. Must submit an essay of 500 words or less describing how a positive female role model has influenced the applicant’s life and/or her community. Minimum GPA: 3.0.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. A completed application must be received by close of business (5 PM) Friday, April 5, 2019. Late
applications will not be considered. There are no exceptions to this policy.
2. Applicant must be scholastically responsible with a grade point average of “B” (3.0) or better at the time
of the application and provide a copy of report card or official transcript for the 2018-19 academic year
3. Applicant must be accepted to at least one certified undergraduate program for the fall semester
immediately following the submission of the application and plan to attend such program.
4. Applicant must be graduating from high school in the spring of 2019 from:
a. A high school located in Rockland County, NY OR b. A high school outside of Rockland County, but applicant must live in Rockland County.
5. Applicant must submit one (1)* recommendation letter from a non-family member and submit a list of
extracurricular and community service activities *(additional recommendation letters will not be
6. Applicant must submit an essay of 500 words or less describing how a positive female role model has
influenced the applicant’s life and/or her community (longer essays will not be considered).
7. Once selected, candidate must submit proof of acceptance for the upcoming academic year.
8. Scholarship recipients must attend the RBWN Women in Business Awards Breakfast on Tuesday, June
11, 2019 in Rockland County to receive their award. The scholarship recipient and one guest will be
complimentary guests of RBWN for this event.